One hundred percent real nail strips are a new, unique, and innovative product.
With that in mind, here are a few tips and tricks I’ve collected
- If you live in extreme cold or hot climates, make sure your nail strips are at room temperature prior to application for best results. Nail strips may become more pliable in the heat and more rigid in the cold. The perfect temperature for application and storage is 68-72 degrees. Also be sure to store your nail strips away from direct sunlight, LED lighting, and do not store your nail strips in the car for long periods of time.
- Use immediately after opening. Nail strips are intended for one time use and will begin to dry once they are exposed to air.
- Clean and prep nails before application — buff and file nails, push back cuticles, and use the alcohol prep pad that comes in the package to remove any oils or lotions from your nails.
- Not all nail strips feel the same during application. The components of each style (whether it’s glitter, creme or shimmer finish, or printed nail art) give the strips slight variances in flexibility.
- You can stretch very gently and slightly for a perfect fit if needed — stretch horizontally to make the strip wider, or stretch vertically to make the strip narrower. Hold the strip in the middle instead of all the way at the end for a more controlled application. Apply thumbs last — start with pinky and work toward thumb.
- Crease the strip over the nail edge before removing excess with your finger nail or nail file. During application, we encourage users to press firmly on the strip to help adhere against the surface, especially near the edges.
- The ease of nail strip removal varies with the type of strip – for example, glitter has a bit more adhesive than a solid shimmer shade.
- Keep in mind that nail health, like your general health, varies per person – listen to your nails if they need a break! As with all polish, we recommend a few days of bare, natural nails now and then to keep them in tip-top shape.
- Please remember to apply on the nail itself. Any application resting on top of your skin or cuticles may encourage the polish to peel later on.
- We always advise filing away excess in a downward motion only to smooth the glitter pieces or any excess strip to a flush finish at the edge of your nails. Never use a see-saw or back and forth motion.
- Remember to allow your fresh manicure a little time after application to completely cure. For best results avoid applying lotions or oils, as well as doing any rigorous activities that may affect the polish from adhering to your nails. I usually give my nails about 30 minutes.
- For the nail strips with bigger chunky glitter, sometimes a piece of glitter will end up on the edge of your nail after application. Rather than try to file it which may pull the whole piece of glitter off, try cutting the hanging piece with a nail clipper. I use a baby nail clipper and that works even better.
Nail strip application videos:
These tips are intended to provide some helpful guidance. Most of all you should have fun and love your new nail strips. Don’t feel that you have to follow every rule to the letter, rather use what works best for you and enjoy your new no mess, no fuss, nail polish strips.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions, comments or concerns.
Click here to check out the Color Street website
Come join the Facebook Community for laughs, support, games, pre launch news, contests, and giveaways. We’d love to have you!
To try a free sample, simply fill out this form: